Friday, January 11, 2008

Season anew

While it has been some time since I've last posted, I have actually been involved with a lot to keep me busy. My season has started well, I have been nursing a sore shoulder, which had limited my swimming for a while. My goal and focus this season has been the development of my weaknesses particularly my cycling and leg strength.

I fell that it is always good to have goals for personal improvement throughout the season and throughout life. It allows us to focus and be reminded of a particular task at hand. As many of you start anew with your training season, having given into some much needed holiday rest, remember it will get easier. The winter with its short days and cold nights make training tough. As most do not have an "A" race planned in the near future, your likely doing nothing but long, slow, boring base building. But there will be a reward later.

Our sport has so many positives, from fitness, to relationships, to achievements. Having just been dealing with a difficult personal situation I will reaffirm this season to always try and see the positive.

No comments: