Monday, September 8, 2008

Strong to the finish

So I am about three weeks into my PC training. I don't get to use them each time I cycle, as I teach a number of Spin classes, and count that towards some of my time in the saddle each week. I have been cutting back on my run volume, and just focusing on the speed and intensity.

I completed a hard brick and actually got off the bike worried about my legs and whether I could make the anticipate 60 min. After the initial few minutes of pain as we always get, to my surprise, my legs were back, and felt stronger than ever. I was also able to notice that my form broke down much less at the end of the run. I believe to a small extent, my muscles are beginning to develop that needed memory.

Race is coming up in a few weeks, hope to keep the ball rolling!

No comments: