Monday, December 8, 2008

Computrainer and Power Cranks

So I have begun my experiment this off season. I have had tremendous success using the Power Cranks for the limited time at the end of last race season. Seeing a huge increase in power and speed. I had used the Computrainer last season, but really only scratched the surface on its use sticking to the 3D mode and software.

I had begun learning to use the ERG mode and am doing it mostly on my road bike with the Power Cranks. Some things I noticed. It is much harder to maintain my selected cadence, with the Power Cranks. I will re adjust the pointer to about 80 in cadence, where is was set at 90.
As when riding on the road, there are more spikes in power and cadence, based on the inefficiencies still in my pedaling stroke.

An hour on Power Cranks is a challenge in and or itself, adding an ERG workout, definitely left me feeling like I was riding for hours. The good news was this morning I ran for 5 with no soreness. This is going to be fun

No comments: