Monday, December 1, 2008

Starting up again

This is always the most challenging time of year. I find with each passing season, the time off gets shorter and shorter. In the past I have started the next year in January, this season it was today. December 1st. In some ways I haven't been off.

My training right now will be swim and bike focused. The Bike will continue using the Power Cranks, this time in conjunction with the Computrainer. I had recently purchased an online book on getting the most out of the ERG function of the Computrainer, so looking forward to increasing the power this winter.

I have a number of athletes already started as well. The returns have been favorable thus far. As all have early season "A" races.

We are going to really work this season as a team to increase our volume, and spend a lot more time learning our race pace. Day one started well, the pool was cold though!

No comments: