Monday, June 30, 2008

Brush with Fame

So to start I had a great training related post I was going to share, but figure it should wait.

I'll preface in that I was up at Lake Placid for a Training Camp weekend coaching with other in Training Bible. The experience was great and a nice way to get away and enjoy some great working out with others.

so my Boss, coach and mentor, happens to know a lot of people and let Graham Frazier know we would be up there and doing a group ride. For those few who do not know him, he owns Ironman. Anyway we met him about 1/2 way through our loop, and he happens to be an elite cyclist. So my coach recommended I ride with him, and we took off.

We rode the back part of the course, and chatted about things like golf, family, and life. It was interesting that his familiarity with the course, allowed him to face me the entire ride, and tell me about things ahead that he wasn't even looking at. We rode hard, and had a great ride. And now I have sort of a cool story.

No comments: