Monday, March 2, 2009

Balance


So as a non-professional athlete, we have many things to consider in our lives that can and do affect our training. Recently I have decided to return to school and work on a Masters Degree, as I guess I felt I didn't have enough degrees on the wall. I was looking to grab a summer class, and realized how challenging it would/will be to get to class and train.
I obviously work full time, and coach, but then also try and keep my weekly training up around 16+ hours a week, as I have a number of 70.3's on my radar. Sometimes things have to give. One of the classes I'd like to register for meets 3 evenings a week. I teach spin the other two nights? How would I get to the track for example? I say this as I don't have an answer yet. I hope that the changing of the clocks next week, helps, because we'll have more daylight.

My racing season was to begin yesterday at E. Murray Todd 1/2 marathon, due to the snow and impending blizzard in the northeast, they canceled. Smart thing, but still a let down. The winter is always a challenge to train, as the darkness and cold often lead to the "blues". I can only hope the 6+ inches melts quickly.

The too funny day in the life. I was doing pull up in my house and as I was I knocked down some papers. Out from it fell a 2009 Michael Phelps Calendar. Just sort of made me laugh.

Rutgers Tri Club is grooving. We had another great guest speaker, and are in the process of ordering Race jersey's!

No comments: