Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Clean Start

So I had a small exploratory procedure today, and all came back well. I have now completely cleansed my body from pretty much everything thanks to the 'prep'. So now, with training and diet, I look at it as having a clean start. Most weekends, when watching TV, there are numerous colon detox programs for sale. So, now all I put in can and will have a plan. No more empty calorie junk!

Since I began this process my body has responded well. I think that is more evidence that stress is the underlying culprit. I had an incredible weekend or racing and training, and really looking forward to my upcoming race schedule. I was a member of the winning co-ed Jersey Shore Relay Team. I ran the first leg and then drove the SAG wagon and offered support. I was able to come through the first 10K leg in what would be a PR for me, at just a tad over 6 min/mile pace. So that gives me a great feeling of breaking 1:30 at the 1/2 marathon in early May.

Sunday I participated in Miles for Matheny, and felt great during the first 30 miles of the "hills of attrition" ride. But keeping to my name, I rode Big Ring only, and hit a brick wall at mile 35. But that is what this time of year and that type of event is for. I was good enough to teach on Monday, with little residuals.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great news that all has checked out well. Keep the stress in check so you can get back to kicking A.