Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Power Cranks

So, I was fortunate to see a demonstration at IM Lake Placid on Power Cranks, and was taken back. The claims were that using the tool, would correct , my pedaling stroke, retrain muscles, and help both by run and bike. I literally was on the website each day. I watched nearly every video, and called the headquarters on at least two occasions. Then came my emails.

First off the staff I had dealt with have been great. informative, educational, and encouraging. So I say this because I again will become a human experiment. now with a full understanding of the computrainer and Power Cranks, I am hoping to really change some thing in my late season races, though with an emphasis on next year and Eagleman

I won't go into the all the details of the Power Cranks, because their website is much better to explain. But essentially the cranks on the bike are independent. So, just how like when we do single leg drills to build a full pedaling circle, these will do it for an entire workout.

Some base lines for my experiment. I will update some of my power reading later, but my meter had been off a bit recently, and don't think Sunday data is the most accurate. I have been running in a sub 19 5K pace. 1:30's for 1/2. My cycling has been at races averaging in the 21-22's MPH, over Sprint and Oly distance. I have thrown out highs and lows and given an average, due to course length discrepancy's. I should have and begin using this weekend, and will report on the progress, up until the NJ Man 1/2.

No comments: