Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Getting Started - PC

So I took my lunch break yesterday to head down to my bike shop and get the tools needed to remove and replace my cranks with the Power Cranks once they arrive. Bought the tools, which were about $10 each (they have a number of functions though).

I start by saying I am not the most mechanically inclined person. I have been getting better over the years, and have made an effort to really learn about my bikes, and handle basic repairs, and maintenance. Removing the end caps were a breeze, came right off. Removing the Crank arm from the center bracket, not as easy. The tool you use is a double threaded nut and wrench. Essentially by torquing one way it makes the nut move the other or something like that.

I went first online and watched some videos on You Tube which went through the process. This one was for a mountain bike but the process is still the same. It took a bit more muscle than I had figured. I honestly was concerned I was going to snap something or strip a bolt. It seems to have come out just fine however. So far so good. Right now just waiting for the new toy.

On a training note, I really started to ramp up my swim volume. I was just so disappointed, I figured I'd get in the water more.

No comments: