Tuesday, August 12, 2008

technical delays

So I started the project of putting on my Power Cranks and ran into a few hitches. First was mine, in that a personal matter, made it so I didn't have the time or ability to work on the project. Next I can to realize they bike I am using didn't have an Octolink, but was an old square bottom bracket. I wanted to replace, as it does make for a much better ride.
this is where I have had the problems. Two separate bikes shops to date, and well lets just hope I have it by today. Needless to say I am disappointed already, in that I cannot wait to use these. I am actually most excited about cutting back on my running mileage, as at this time of the year, I am quite beat up and sore. So, With a hope and a prayer, I will have much excitement to report to you shortly.

On other fronts, it continues to amaze me how far in advance we must plan our triathlon life. We are losing the ability to register at a race, even for the small local races. I have now mid way through 2008, already registered for 3 races in 2009, this is crazy. and worse yet none of them are an IM. So the shorter distances are getting more and more filled and closed.

No comments: