Wednesday, August 27, 2008

PC- Starts and Stops

It is always funny that despite how long we ride, most of us, will fall or crash, not moving at high speeds, but those slow, starting and stopping. Well using PC's adds a new dimension to the need for caution. I have found the best way for me to start up is to select one foot (usually my left) and make a series of half pedal strokes to get started after stopping at an intersection. Moving at a slow speed and attempting to engage the foot into the pedal can be a challenge, and removes my focus from what is around me, thugs like traffic.
I try and start my pedal at 9 o'clock and pedal to 6, then pull back up to 9 a few times, off a stop at an intersection. I have found this gets me moving the quickest in the shortest amount of time.

No comments: